Thursday, March 12, 2009

More about our busy week...

Yesterday I took Nicolas into see Dr. O'Brien for an immunization and instead of getting one Nicolas walked out with an antibiotic and Prednisolon (steroid).  Nicolas always sounds congested but lately it has seemed worse and a couple of days ago we noticed that his secretions were starting to look yellowish.  So we asked Dr. O'Brien to take a look...and he did hear some fluid in his lungs.  Because of Nicolas' immune system and because he has difficultly moving that stuff around (i.e, coughing, sneezing, swallowing) Dr. O'Brien wanted to be aggressive with his treatment.  So we added a couple meds and breathing treatments every 4 hours.

Today at 2, Nicolas will be getting his cool new hand splints with resting pans.  I'll post a picture of them soon.  Later this evening Nicolas and I will be headed down to Indy AGAIN to spend the night at a hotel.  His first appointment is at 8:40 tomorrow and the last is at 11.  So I should be home before Garrett gets off the bus.

Nicolas seems to like staying at hotels...pretty comfortable...check out the picture!  It was taken during our stay on Monday.  Dad picked up PF Changs AND Cheesecake Factory...My man is SOOOOO good to me!  It was so yummy!  That night Nicolas was pretty congested so none of us slept very well....I think I woke up every two hours to suction his nose and throat.  The Dr. Walsh appointment went well.  We plan to make a post sometime next week with all the information from this weeks Riley visits...so watch for it.

Until then please keep us in your thoughts and prayers...especially little Nicolas...we hope he gets over this cold quickly!
Love always,
Felisa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your Blog is so beautiful. I hope the little one gets along with the hand splints ok. Your all always in our prayers. Joe and Nancy Bieber

Aunt Karen Strom said...

I enjoy seeing the latest pictures. I continue to pray for you all.
Love Aunt Karen