Sunday, February 21, 2010

PICU

Over the weekend Nicolas tried his best to recover but last night we had to turn his oxygen up to 2 1/2 liters and earlier today he had a fever...so we called his doctor and asked him to run some tests to determine if he was the same as when we left Lutheran Hospital or worse...We went to Parkview North and they did an x-ray and blood work....We found out pretty quickly that he has a new infection in his lungs and his white blood cell count is really high....After hearing this we went home and grabbed our bags and headed for Parkview Main hospital. We were admitted to the Ped's Intensive Care Unit...when we arrived they had to raise his oxygen to 4 liters...Now they have put him on bi-pap at 80%...It helps force the oxygen in there a little better...they are currently trying to do his IV...which is always fun...

This is all I know at this point. There are no phones in the PICU so I will try to update the blog as often as possible. Please prayer for our little guy!
Thank you!
Felisa

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I know you don't know me but I am a friend of Kimra's and just wanted to drop a quick note letting you know I am praying for your sweet Nico. I hope he gets better very soon!