Tuesday, September 23, 2008

ACTH Day 7

I just gave Nicolas his 7th shot. He didn't cry but boy is he squirmy!  Every time we start to wipe his leg with alcohol he starts in with the squirming...it is so cute...even if we are about to give our child a shot!  Yesterday he had two spasms and none overnight.  During our Riley visit we found out that his blood pressure is still a little high.  Nicolas is now on a diuretic medication...since ACTH causes water retention, this will pull the extra water out so that there is less pressure.  We have to go see Dr. O'Brien (Pediatrician) on Wednesday to check and make sure his blood pressure is coming down.  Because of this medication we will have to watch Nicolas' potassium levels too.  If they drop we will add a potassium supplement to his list of medications.  I currently give him 6 in the morning, 1 in the afternoon, and 4 at night.  This morning he had a spasm at 8 am.  Today his Mema Marilyn is going to watch him while I go get a quick hair cut.  And later this afternoon his brother has his last cross country meet.  Garrett has to run a mile.  At the last race he came in 26th out of 60!  He is really loving this running stuff...must take after his Aunt Kimmy!  We are so proud of him and we will let you know how he does!  I've always considered myself so lucky when it came to having Garrett (and Nicolas too!)...but seeing him with Nicolas just melts my heart!  A couple weeks ago we were driving in the car and Nicolas needed to eat.  While Garrett fed him in the back seat, he talked so sweet to him.  Watching in my rear view mirror almost made me cry!  Not only am I lucky to have Garrett and Nicolas but they are lucky to have one another!  God is so good.

Have a great day!
Felisa

4 comments:

Jami Stone said...

Felisa - It is Jami Stone...I am not sure i understand exactly what you are going through, but my prayers are with you and your family. You have been on my mind for months and I just contacted Nikki West to find you. Email if you get time (you look great by the way) jstone@paynecrest.com
Love Always

Anonymous said...

Hi Felisa--This is such exciting and wonderful news. I'll keep on praying-all of you are on my mind every day.
Love you all,
Donna

Anonymous said...

Finally!
John set me up for an account so I can comment.

We are praying daily for Nicolas and appreciate all the info.

Pam and the girls are also praying.
Love, Karen and John

Unknown said...

Jake & Felisa - Nicolas and Garret are also very lucky to have both of you. You guys are so strong. The Lord hand picked you guys because you are so special. Keeping you in our prayers.
Heather, Brad & Skylar Coleman