Wednesday, April 22, 2009

A few Nicolas Updates...

We found out from Riley on Monday about the sleep study results.  Nicolas does have an obstruction that lasts about 18 seconds.  Dr. Kilani said that we now need to see an ENT to have his tonsils and adenoids removed.  We are hoping to see Dr. Reddy here in Fort Wayne but Dr. Kilani wants to make sure he feels comfortable working with Nicolas.  If he doesn't then the procedure will be done at Riley.  After the surgery Nicolas will stay in the PICU until he has recovered.  Swelling of the throat after this surgery can cause many difficulties for little Nicolas so they want to keep an eye on him.  At that time they will also begin weening him off the oxygen.  That is when we will start to have a better understanding about Nicolas and his need for oxygen.  

As for his teeth...
Last Monday Nicolas' other bottom tooth fell out.  This time it wasn't traumatic for him at all.  I think he probably loosened it when he lost his first tooth.  With the constant pressure being applied to the tooth from him clamping his jaw...it just worked its way out!  He didn't even cry.  Jake and I are actually relieved about the tooth because now he can't do any more damage to his poor little tongue.

Thank you for your continued love, support and prayers!
Much love,
Felisa 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am praying for Nicolas and you. I think of you often and when I read your blog I can really see how you love and trust God. You are a strong and beautiful mother.
Love, Kristy Beachy

The Leman Family said...

Good morning!

Missing you all!

Anonymous said...

I still have you in my prayers. I also pray you will all stay as srong as you are right now.
Again your so lucky to have each other. Stay strong and know we care and love you all. Joe and Nancy

Unknown said...

I am praying EVERYDAY for God to remove whatever is ailing Nicholas INSTANTLY, because He CAN! And for you to continue to EXPECT God to do the impossible while you focus on the possible!

We serve a God who's love never fails. Hang in there.

Chris Pozezanac

MaryJo said...

I love you guys soooo much. Your love and strength for precious Nicolas gives me strengh. I'm so blessed that God has put you in my life and so is your son.