Wednesday, February 18, 2009

One year ago...

On February 10th, last year, I stopped working because the doctor thought I was going to go early.  HA--  February 18th was my due date and still no Nicolas.  I had a doctors appointment at 4 p.m. and it lasted until after 6!  She did an ultrasound, measured me, and had me do a stress test...that is where they hook you up to a monitor for an hour to make sure the baby is OK.  While meeting with our doctor she explained that Nicolas had done all the growing that he could inside and that he would probably only weigh 5 lbs. 14 oz.  She said everything looked good to go ahead with inducing me.  She scheduled us to go to Parkview North that evening.  We went home packed our bags and I gave it one last attempt at fattening Nicolas up....We ate Culver's...I had a Deluxe  Butter Burger and fried cheese curds!  Yum!  After that we went to Mema's to tell Garrett the good news.  He wanted us to call him with updates and when Nicolas was getting close to delivery...At this point Garrett went back and forth about wanting to be in the delivery room.  We kissed him, reassured him, and told him we loved him.  At 10 p.m. we checked into the hospital and by 10:30 I was induced.  It only took about 2 hours before I started to feel contractions.

This all happened one year ago and it seems like yesterday!
My baby is about to be one!

No comments: